
I love when I do things that make me feel like a genius.
So, I went to a sub job yesterday. I parked my car on the street. It was a little chilly and I hadn't put my jacket on yet, so I decided to get out of the car and put it on. I threw my keys onto the driver's seat and proceeded to bundle up. The door had gently swung closed...but barely! Just enough to latch. Oh, and by the way I am in the habit of locking the door as I open it, since I have the old fashioned locks that you have to un/lock manually.
Yup! you guessed it. I locked my keys, purse (including cell phone), school bag...everything in the car! And it gets better. I depend completely on my cell phone to remember phone numbers for me. I haven't even memorized James' phone number. The only phone number that I could remember was my parents number. So, I called them because I know that Dad has James'number saved in his cell phone. Unfortunately, no one answered. So I left a message to see if they could get a hold of it, and I would call to get it on my next break.
The ladies in the office were very helpful and told me to see if the custodian could jimmy the lock, but he wouldnt do it...he didnt want the liability. The campus police wouldnt do it for the same reason. The Reno PD no longer offers that service, I learned. I got a hold of AAA at lunch, but they couldn't get to me until I would have been back in class. I told them that I would call back after school. But, about an hour before school got out, I got a call from the office telling me that my husband was on the line. Apparently Dad got the message that I locked my keys in the car, and he called James. James did a little detective work and found out what school I was at that day, and called to tell me that he would meet me at the car when school ended.
MY HERO! The men in my life really take care of me!
What can we learn from this? 1- MEMORIZE YOUR SPOUSE'S PHONE NUMBER (Doy). and 2- Don't set your keys down inside the car when you are getting out!
6 comments:
It happens to all of us at least once. My episode happened when I locked me and Zoe out of our apt...and we were the managers with access to all of the keys!
It's true...we've all done it. One time, my hubby even locked his keys in the car. They were still in the ingition; the car was still running....
It happens to the best of us...
Um, yeah. After driving 12 hours to Utah a couple weeks ago, I hopped out of the car at my sister's to start unloading, and somehow managed to lock my keys in the car with both my kids. By the time the cops came to open the door, Addie had screamed until she blew out her diaper. Chloe slept through the whole thing. I haven't locked my keys in the car since I was a freshman in college.
That really sucks! You actually may have helped me not to let this same thing happen to myself...I always lock the car as soon as I start to get Aida out of her seat and then I have to think about where I put my keys but its after I have already closed the door! Good thing James is so awesome!! Hope you newlyweds are still have lots of fun! Happy Halloween!
heeeeeyyy...good story! I'm 'smart' like that all the time though...so, you've got a long way to go before you can claim genius in that department, missy! Keep trying...you'll get there someday:)
lindsay
I still forget my husband's number from time to time... that speed dial is dangerous!
Post a Comment