Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend=Pajama Weekend

We just said goodbye to Mom, Dad, Grandma, Mel and Becky. They were up in Tahoe for the weekend, and decided to come up to Reno to visit James and I. They arrived Saturday afternoon and watched the 2nd session of Conference with us. Then the Men went to the Priesthood session at the Church. While the Boys were being spiritual, the Girls went to check out the Chocolate Nugget Candy Factory that is just south of Reno. We found that it was less of a Factory, and more of a store full of candy. We ended up getting a few flavors of delicious fudge. mmmmm.
When the Boys were done sleeping through the Priesthood session, we went to the Silver Legacy for Steak and Lobster dinner. Thanks Dad! It was worth the 1/2 hour it took to find a parking space!
This morning we got up, had some french toast, and then cuddled up on the couch, floor, and camping chairs in the living room for Conference. I think we all took a nice nap through at least some of the broadcast. We woke up for the closing song and prayer, and got ready for lunch. James was pretty sick this weekend with a head cold, so I was in charge of making the hamburgers, and running the BBQ (aka George Foreman Grill). We finished making lunch just in time to eat it while the 2nd session began. Good news is that I think the Computer didn't skip too much (we were streaming the broadcast on line, and our computer had a hard time keeping up during the other sessions) Bad news is that I think we all were in a food coma, and missed a lot of the talks. Thank goodness for LDS.org! We can go back and watch it over and over until we finally see all of them!
It was so good to see everyone! I am glad they were so patient, and willing to cram into our condo...and share one bathroom between the 5 of them!

Other Good news! I am finally Substitute Teaching!!! I had my first Job on Friday, and it went very well. I have 2 more jobs lined up so far this week. So I will finally be bringing in some $, and stop sitting around the house cleaning things over and over! I am sure I will have tons of stories with this job. Cant wait!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay for conference! Yay for pj's! Yay for blogs! I have one too, but It's less an update, and more random trivial information you may, or may not care to know...but you can check it out if you get bored:
shrugsnkisses.blogspot.com