Tuesday, November 13, 2012

August 2012

We had a busy month!  First we went to Washington for my nieces' baptisms.  Tina and her family picked up the kids and I in her 15 seater van and we made the 14 hour drive to Moses Lake, WA.  The drive was pretty painless...at least for me.  Tina drove and her kids entertained my kids.  There was hardly any fussing!  While we were there we had such a great time!  Almost my whole family was there.  Saturday we played at Tim's in-laws house while Tau and his boys prepared and cooked a whole pig...Samoan style!  It turned out so tasty!
Saturday was the baptism, and then BBQ.  Sydney had quite the party!  I also got to meet up with an old friend of mine, Lydia, and her darling family.  It is always so nice to catch up with good friends.  I am always amazed that we can go years without talking and then pick right up where we left off.
Monday Tim took us out on to Moses Lake.  We went tubing and just enjoyed being out on the water.
Preparing the pig

Leif pushing JR on the swing

The boys got to ride in a tractor.  This is as far as JR got.  He didnt care for the noise or something.

Thanks Vaga for taking the boys!  JP loved it!

JR preferred these tractors

Heather and Karenna helped so that we could all go in the water
We came home to Grandma and Grandpa Pugner waiting for us in Reno.  We got to spend a whole week together!  JR and JP still talk about sitting in "Grandpa's Chair"
wrestling on the couch with Grandma


Helping Grandpa put on his shoe

Xanthie just chillin in her chair


Everyone was worn out by the time Grandma and Grandpa went home.
Right after Grandma and Grandpa left, we went out to Sacramento to pick up Auntie Maren from the airport.  She is finally home after serving an 18 month mission in Brazil!  We were so excited to see her!

I forgot my camera in the car, so this is all I have.  ThanksAuntie Malene for being our photographer!


This is the first that Xanthie got to meet her Auntie Maren

Us at Maren's Welcome home BBQ


  Exactly on week later, JP got his last cast removed!  He was such a trooper!  I am so proud of our little man!


JR and Xanthie patiently waiting

It was a little scary for JP.  But he only cried for a minute.


After JP's cast removal, we sent Daddy home to Reno since he had to work the next day.  The kids and I decided to take a mini vacation.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends who put us up for our trip.  We got to visit with the Mills the first night. (of course I didnt take any pictures)  Then we stole Maren, before she even got a chance to rest, and took her to Visilia to visit some good friends of ours, The Cheneys.  It was such a help having Maren there, since James couldnt come.  I wouldnt have made it without her!

My parents happened to be in Fresno that weekend visiting my Grandma Gibson, so we stopped by to visit on our way to Visilia.

Jr picked an orange from Grandma's tree and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Aunt Chris and Uncle Dave were also there.  So glad we got to catch up with them.

I tried to get a picture with all the kids and grandma...this is the best i could do.

The Cheney's have twin girls that are 5 months younger than the boys.  Their mom and I have have already started planning their weddings.  Now we just have to wait for them to grow up.
We had a great time visiting and playing with their family.  They have such a great house!  The boys had so much fun with all of their toys and the pool! 

The couples playing at the park.

The couples swimming in the pool.

JP played on this slide for hours!

JR played in this play house like he owned it!

I may have forced them to hug.  You cant tell, right?

Run Zoey!

"On our way" home...2 hours out of the way...which turned into 4 hours out of our way since there was an accident on the road...we stopped in Monterrey, CA.  Maren and I really just wanted to see the ocean.  It was cold and there wasn't much of a beach, but it was SO worth it!
Bundled up at the water's edge

Xabthie wants to play in the sand!
We lucked out again, when we found out that more good friends happened to be in Monterey that weekend.  We got to meet up for lunch...and they put up with my wiggly kids for an hour.  We had such a great trip!!!
Lunch with the ladies at Johnny Rockets.  Love these girls!

No comments: