Friday, June 29, 2012

JP's Casts are off!


6 weeks finally passed and JP got his casts off!  

I think this is the cutest thing ever.  The whole time JP has had his casts, JR has been right there with him...wanting to do everything JP did.  The casts were pretty rough on the outside, so we kept socks over them most of the time so that they didn't scratch everything and everyone up.  Whenever we put a sock on JP, JR was right there with his arm out waiting for his sock.  The morning that we went to Shriner's to get the casts removed, JR ran to get his sock to put onto his arm.  He kept it on all the way up until we took JP's sock off so that they could remove the cast. 


Since the saw was so loud, JP got to wear some awesome ear muffs. He was so calm while his arm cast was removed.  I could see that he was scared, but he held it together until they started to remove his feet casts.  

 This video shows a few highlights of his cast removals:



 We shot this video a few minutes after all of the casts were removed and he began to notice his fingers for the first time.  I think his reaction is priceless!  "Wow"

I was SO excited for him to be able to get into the pool after the casts came off!!  I made sure we got a late check out from the hotel just so that he would be able to spend 20 min splashing around.  6 weeks of no baths and no water play in the summertime seems so mean!!
 

I also finally let the kids get really messy.  This is them finger painting with pudding.  JR loved getting messy.  JP loved eating the pudding.  I loved watching their big smiles while they played.  Xanthie might have been a little jealous that I didnt have any pudding for her.

JP is a ROCK STAR!  Only 2 more weeks till he goes through it all over again...but only one hand this time.  He will do great!!

1 comment:

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

So glad he is doing so well! What a trooper he is (and you and James too!) We would love to see you guys when you are here if you have time! Let me know if you need any help with the other kiddo's while you're at the hospital!