Tuesday, February 17, 2009

V-Day Weekend

James and I had a fabulous Valentines Day weekend!! My baby sister is going on a mission to Puerto Rico next week. Sunday was her 'farewell' talk in church. Almost all of my family was able to go down to Upland for the weekend. It is so rare that we all get together. 7 of the 8 kids, and all 13 grand kids were able to spend a few days bonding.
Saturday evening we went to the LA temple for a session, and then dinner after. I don't think we stopped laughing from the time we sat down to eat, until the time we got home...and that is an hour drive! What a great trip! Then we stayed up till about 1:00 talking and laughing some more.
Cindy's talk went well...she went over her time. Chatty-Mc-Chatterson! She did a great job. And the Grand kids sang well. Then we did BBQ with cousins and friends. Then, another evening of talking and laughing.
I love my family. I wish we weren't all so far apart. Thank you Cindy for getting us all together for a weekend!

3 comments:

RightHahn said...

Very fun!! What a great way to celebrate Valentine's - who needs chocolate when you can laugh all day instead!!

David Mills said...

How fun, makes me wish I had a big family. Are you guys snowed in up there? I just can't believe all snow in the last few days. Amazing and needed. We always enjoy seeing you guys, so if you head down this way feel free to call.

By the way, are you on Facebook?

Chat with you later-
Ashley

JR and Summer said...

I agree, it was a ton of fun! I'm glad you guys were able to make it! :0)