Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Christmas Miracle

James found out that he did not have to work on the Friday after Christmas, so I made him ditch his friends and family to go spend the holiday with mine. I felt bad changing plans at the last minute, but I was so glad to see my family. My baby sister will be leaving on her mission in 2 months (Puerto Rico), and there is a very good chance that my parents will also be on a mission by next Christmas. So I wanted to see everyone.

We had a wonderful time. My family has a few traditions that just make Christmas "Christmas". We have Eggnog toasts every night (we all say something we are thankful for, Cheers). We go Christmas Caroling (I used to hate going, but now it is fun). Santa comes to our house every Christmas Eve (He sounds a lot like my dad, and wears the same shoes and glasses as him, too). I love having little kids around on Christmas morning. All of the excitement!!

We finally took Bea (our Jeep) off-roading while we were down there. My brother and his wife and James and I went out on Saturday. I will have to admit, I was a little nervous going down the steep hills. But Bea handled them no problem. I probably would have been less nervous if we weren't still paying on the car. Of course this is the only thing I took pictures of the whole weekend.





(Man, these photos really dont do the hills any justice at all! They were steep and scary!)

1 comment: