Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tooting my own horn...

I just wanted to toot my own horn for a minute. James and I are slowly making our house a home...there are a lot of things to do around this little old condo. Right now James is working on building a Mantle over our fire place. He is almost finished; it just needs a coat of paint. I will post pictures when he is finished.
My project was sewing drapes for the windows in the living room. I finished them yesterday, and they look pretty darn good, if I do say so myself! The hardest part was finding fabrics to match each other, and the decor of the room. We finally ended up having to special order the striped fabric. I guess the other hard part was realizing that it is not really very much cheaper to make things rather than buy them anymore. But at least this way we got exactly what we wanted, and I was able to develop a talent.
One of my goals for 2009: develop talents.
Thanks for letting me brag for a second!

1 comment:

RightHahn said...

Your my idol!! You taught me how to crochet - and now you must teach me your secrets of drapery:)

They look great - and are totally toot worthy!